Friday, March 9, 2012

A Poem of Insecurity to Security and the Importance of a Spiritual Journal

While cleaning out my storage room today I came across an old spiritual journal of mine. If you have not started a spiritual, I would definitely recommend  you get one. It's funny how I will write something in a journal and read it years later and find that God will use something I have written to minister to me. That what's great about a spiritual journal God can take an entry in a journal and remind what he has done in your life. You can also see how your prayers are answered. There is also a therapeutic quality to writing down your thought, this process will help you get thoughts out of your head and on to paper. When you do this you can pray about these thoughts and leave them in God's hands. This process is especially good if you tend to have a lot of worry and anxiety. Written below is a poem I wrote in my journal years ago but still ministers to me today.

I see you standing there 
Eyes downcast avoiding my stare
What's hiding beneath your exterior
Have your dreams gone awry
Do you wish had wings to fly
Are you looking for a place to cry
Do wish you tried
Please put down your pride
You are not meant to keep that inside
Do you have a secret sin or secret lie
Maybe a secret feeling inside
That wasn't meant to hide
Does love confuse you
Maybe your searching for the meaning of life
You got to get Christ on your mind
So you can clean out your cluttered mind
And sort out all those insecurities inside
Then your eyes will look into mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment