Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Post that are coming soon:
My testimony of how God helped me deal with having ADHD
Debunking the myth of all religions are the same that follow same God, watch out Oprah!
Taking on issues hot button issues
Can God be a loving God and a just judge.
Friday, March 9, 2012
I see you standing there
Eyes downcast avoiding my stare
What's hiding beneath your exterior
Have your dreams gone awry
Do you wish had wings to fly
Are you looking for a place to cry
Do wish you tried
Please put down your pride
You are not meant to keep that inside
Do you have a secret sin or secret lie
Maybe a secret feeling inside
That wasn't meant to hide
Does love confuse you
Maybe your searching for the meaning of life
You got to get Christ on your mind
So you can clean out your cluttered mind
And sort out all those insecurities inside
Then your eyes will look into mine.
Saturday, March 3, 2012
1. Petition- Bringing a need before the Lord (Matthew 7:7)
2. Confession- Confessing your sins before God (James 5:16)
3. Adoration- Prayer of Praise (Psalm 34:1)
4. Intercession – Prayer on behalf of others (1 Timothy 2:1)
5. Meditation- Being still and Knowing He is God. A prayer in which the individual praying sit's still and waits for God to speak to them. Meditation can also be simply takeing the time to think about God and his promises (Psalm 119: 148). Note: this completely different from the act of meditation associated with other religions in which an indivdual is looking for a spiritual guide which takes them to a place of spiritual enlightment or nirvana . Christian meditation focuses primarily on Christ.
6. Thanksgiving- Prayer of thanks to God ( Psalm 118)
7. Surrender- The point of giving in completely to God ( James 4:7)
8. Flash Prayers- Brief prayers directed at people passing by or people you know
9. Scripture prayer- Using a scripture has your prayer
10. Recited prayers- written prayers that are recited to help formulate a prayer to God
11. Conversational Prayer- Talking to God like a friend
12. Prayer Walking- Meditative prayer used while walking , or intercessory prayer aimed at a particular group of people or cause.
Friday, March 2, 2012
God just gave me some wonderful insight tonight. In the bible the word works is used in two different ways. One usage of the word is in a negative context. This a works done to gain the approval of God. Also the negative usage of works is almost always paired up with the word law. This is the usage of works in the book of Romans. Romans 3:20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin. The other kind of works is done has a spirit motivated action. A christian puts his or her faith in Christ, that action prompts their heart to listen to God which inspire them to action, which equals a spiritually prompted action ( Christian Works). This is the works discussed in the book of James. James 2:18 But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds and I will show you my faith by what I do. The trouble with works comes when we do not take the time to put works in right context when we read scripture about works. Getting the two uses of the word works mixed up is the root cause of legalism.